Dear BuWizz fans,
A year ago, we published a Software development roadmap, which proved to be a bit too optimistic.
However, we did not sit still this past year.
We already implemented the following features:
- we decided to rebuild our Bluetooth connection management as our previous solution was out of date (and the library was deprecated and no longer under active development)
- added support for multiple center steer modules
- fixed servo calibration issues on Bluetooth LE connection drop
- added a new gearbox module
Implementation of the above features tied up all our software development resources – especially Bluetooth module conversion to a new library and troubleshooting seemed to be never ending.
We are now pushing forward and keeping with what we promised. Currently, work is ongoing on the following features:
BuWizz 3.0 Pro
- Implementation of programmable current limits (full power startup of BuWizz motors will not shutdown BuWizz)
- Support for new motors (Spike Small angular motor, Technic Medium and Large angular motors)
BuWizz 2.0 Ludicrous
- Alignment of BuWizz 2.0 features with BuWizz 3.0:
- Shake to wake
- Timeout settings
- Serial number in default BuWizz naming so both iOS and Android App will see same BuWizz names
Target date for the release of above mentioned improvements is end of April 2023.
We have other improvements planned and we will keep you posted, but we do not want to over-promise again and we want to deliver the improvements mentioned above first.
Thank you for your support and patience.
Your BuWizz Team
Hi Buwizz Team,
I am looking forward to see these updates.
The most important ones for me are multiple centre steering motors and compatibility with the small angular motor.
Good to know that you all are alive and well and working hard in the background. Keep it up, I just bought 3 additional 3.0-pro to the 8 I already have.
Thank you Bob for the support. You have quite a collection. Are you building something bi or do you have a lot of builds?
I am looking forward to it 👍🏼👍🏼.
will be great to have adjustments for both 2.0 and 3.0 for lighting. for example, using lights for brake (come on when stop) indicators when turning.
The biggest kick will be on buwizz app to be able to join a couple of hubs. I tried to connect 3.0 and 2.0 without any luck. try to build using 2x 2.0 for power 4 motors then 3.0 for steering and gearbox and wipers and no luck at all.
Hello Dariusz. You should be able to connect several BuWizz 3.0 & BuWizz 2.0 in BuWizz App. If you dont+ know how to do it please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help.
The lights programing function is still in the development queue.
Your users really appreciate the communication. It’s not entirely clear from this announcement if Ludicrous speed will be available on the Buwizz 3.0?
Yes. It won’t be called that but you will have gears.
Really looking forward to the update, I can’t wait to get my hands on the gearbox module 😉
Nice, the gearbox module, now my Lego Defender should be able to shift instead of a knob on the roof 🙂
Great news! Thank you!
Super, but what the world really needs is a physical remote (with haptic feedback instead of touchscreen, which is so inaccurate and unhandy and bad for kids)!! 🙂