Dear BuWizz fans,
A year ago, we published a Software development roadmap, which proved to be a bit too optimistic.
However, we did not sit still this past year.
We already implemented the following features:
- we decided to rebuild our Bluetooth connection management as our previous solution was out of date (and the library was deprecated and no longer under active development)
- added support for multiple center steer modules
- fixed servo calibration issues on Bluetooth LE connection drop
- added a new gearbox module
Implementation of the above features tied up all our software development resources – especially Bluetooth module conversion to a new library and troubleshooting seemed to be never ending.
We are now pushing forward and keeping with what we promised. Currently, work is ongoing on the following features:
BuWizz 3.0 Pro
- Implementation of programmable current limits (full power startup of BuWizz motors will not shutdown BuWizz)
- Support for new motors (Spike Small angular motor, Technic Medium and Large angular motors)
BuWizz 2.0 Ludicrous
- Alignment of BuWizz 2.0 features with BuWizz 3.0:
- Shake to wake
- Timeout settings
- Serial number in default BuWizz naming so both iOS and Android App will see same BuWizz names
Target date for the release of above mentioned improvements is end of April 2023.
We have other improvements planned and we will keep you posted, but we do not want to over-promise again and we want to deliver the improvements mentioned above first.
Thank you for your support and patience.
Your BuWizz Team